Return & Refund Policy
A refund is deposited directly into your credit card or bank account. This process may take up to 30 working days. A refund processing period will only start from the time we have received the returned goods
• Return of Goods
• Goods may only be returned in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, Act 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”). If you are entitled in law to return goods, then and in line with the CPA, a handling fee of up to 15% of the value of the goods may be charged when the product/packaging is not returned in its original purchase condition.
• Non-returnable/ non-refundable items:
• Refund does not apply to any ‘demo’ or ‘scratch and dent’ product purchased in-store where the customer was given the opportunity to inspect the product prior to purchase.
• Due to hygiene reasons all Linen products and Mattresses cannot be returned once used/opened. The return of these items is at Homzy’s discretion
Under no circumstances will we accept returned goods where the consumer has been allowed to inspect the goods before the purchase and subsequently changed his/her mind about the goods; they have damaged the goods in negligence; the goods have been disassembled, permanently installed, physically altered, used or installed contrary to our own or the manufacturer’s instructions, and/or have been subjected to misuse or abuse.
We sell goods for domestic use only and for the purpose for which we manufactured them. It will also exclude normal wear and tear. If you want to return alleged defective goods in terms of a warranty, we or the manufacturer will assess the goods to determine the reason for the defect.
Subject to these terms, all goods carry an implied warranty by following the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, (“CPA”) which gives the consumer the right to return the defective goods in terms of section 20, read together with section 56 of the CPA. Our goods also carry a manufacturer’s warranty where applicable, which will run concurrently with any warranty in terms of the law. The implied warranty on goods supplied places an obligation on Homzy to accept the return of unsafe or defective goods within six months of delivery. In the event of the goods not complying with requirements and standards contemplated in section 55 of the CPA, the consumer has the right to return goods to Homzy if:
The consumer finds within 5 days that the goods are unsuitable for a particular purpose for which the consumer has expressed intention to use the goods as contemplated in s55(3);
The consumer did not examine the goods and rejected delivery of the goods for any reasons contemplated in section 19(5); and
The consumer has refused delivery of those goods because they were mixed with items that were not ordered, as contemplated in section 19(8).
You are entitled to cancel any sale concluded on this Website (online sales) within 7 working days after receipt of the goods and to get a refund.
In the unfortunate event that your purchased goods become defective, you may opt to take it to the Homzy store. You are entitled to the following option as per the CPA (after goods have been inspected and assessed):
Have such goods repaired
Have goods replaced
Be refunded the product price paid
If we find the goods to not be faulty, you will be liable for all handling and shipping charges; for the collection and the re-delivery of the product to you. You will be liable if the goods are damaged or faulty because of misuse, abuse or negligence.
The warranty does not cover any defects caused by foreign objects or connection errors that are not part of the product, including but not limited to;
Use other than domestic use by the customer or his/her immediate resident family at the declared addresses appearing on the front of this document;
Failure by the customer or any other person to comply with the manufacturer's instructions for installation, maintenance or use;
The use of power tools to assemble and in any case tools which have not been recommended by the manufacturer;
The application and/or use of any incorrect or abnormal electrical or water supply to the product;
Any defect in wiring, electrical connections or plumbing which does not form part of the product at the time of the original purchase;
The presence of objects in the furniture which is not intended for the product to handle, such as screws, nails, glues, and bonding liquids.
Neglect, misuse, or willful abuse of the product;
Anything related to the appearance of the product which does not in Homzy sole opinion prevent the product from adequately being used for its intended purpose: this includes but is not limited to cosmetic and manufacturers’ defects such as discoloring of any part of the product, paint peeling off, cracked or broken handles, plates, hinges, wheels, panels, shelves or any portion of the product which is glass;
Rust or the effects of rust;
Repairs or attempted repairs of the product by any person other than Homzy or its authorized repairers;
Any modification of the product by any person other than Homzy or its authorized repairers;
Parts or items of the product which are expected to wear out before the extended warranty period expires, including but not limited to, batteries, filters, disposable bags, rubber or plastic hose pipes, drive or fan belts, fuses and/or light bulbs cartridges, toners or ribbons;
Fire, flood, war, civil disturbance, industrial action, acts of God or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Homzy;
Any defect arising out of the design of the product
Any defect caused by a lightning strike or power surges
Blown or damaged speakers arising from misuse;
Any damage caused because of the use of generic or re-filled cartridges;
Any loss or destruction of, or any damage to any property, or any loss expense arising therefrom, or any consequential loss or any liability of nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. Combustion shall include any self-sustain process of nuclear fission, or any loss, destruction, damage or disability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by or arising from nuclear weapons material.
With cameras, the warranty does not apply to any accessories, batteries, charges, attachable lenses, or additions which do not make up the main body of the camera. With TV’s; Hi-Fi’s; VCR or DVD’s–remotes are not covered.
Homzy will not be liable for the costs of;
Maintenance, including cleaning, clearing of blockages and overhaul, insect infestation or paper jams;
Work covered by the manufacturers’ recall of the product;
Call out charges where the breakdown is not covered by the extended warranty;
And material or labor which is recoverable from the manufacturer or any person who may be held responsible in terms of any other guarantee or warranty.
Homzy will not, in any circumstances, be liable for any consequential loss or damages suffered by the customer, whether directly or indirectly related defect in the product to the extent permissible by law.
Repairs may not be effected without prior authorization from Homzy.
With an authorized repairer being called out for a fault covered by the warranty, the supplier shall pay the repairer for all labor and materials supplied in terms of the warranty, while the customer shall be liable to pay the repairer all other charges, including but not limited to the call-out charge should no defect be found in the product.
The repair will be carried out in terms of the warranty within a radius of sixty kilometers from the appointed service agent’s premises. Should the repairer be required to travel beyond this radius, we will charge the customer at the prevailing AA rate per kilometer.
Homzy -authorized repairers to reserve the right to not do house calls in areas where their safety may be at risk.
Certain products will contain their supplier warranty, and we advise you to keep the same and refer to the same warranty for any differences in the above.
1. RETURNING PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT DEFECTIVE
If for any reason you wish to return your product/s, you (the customer) may do so within 7 days of the products being collected by you or delivered to you, provided the product/s have not been used, are complete, in their original condition, and sealed in the original packaging.
To log a return online, please email us at …… and attach pictures of the items you wish to return / exchange and give a reason for the return/exchange.
Once submitted, we will review the request within 24 hours & will contact you to make any necessary arrangements
• In terms of section 44(2) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, for non-defective items you (the customer) are liable for the delivery and collection costs of these products
• If you took advantage of a free delivery promotion and your order was delivered free of charge, you will be responsible for the cost of having the product returned to us. The cost will be the delivery fee for delivery of the initial order, a collection fee that is equivalent to the delivery charge in your area, and any handling fees that may be applicable as per the above. These will be deducted from the refund
• According to the ECT Act, the consumer has a “cooling off period” of 7 days which allows the consumer a general right to return or cancel the transaction without penalty however the online shopper would still be liable for the cost of returning the goods if they were dispatched/shipped within the 7 day period. The cost will be a delivery fee for delivery of the initial order, a collection fee that is equivalent to the delivery charge in your area, and any handling fees that may be applicable. This still applies if the customer took advantage of a free delivery promotion. This does not apply if the products have been assembled, partly assembled, or where the original packaging has been discarded
2. RETURNING PRODUCTS THAT ARE DEFECTIVE OR DAMAGED:
When a product is delivered damaged:
You have the right to refuse delivery of any product that is visibly damaged upon delivery. Please stipulate clearly that you have not received the goods with a brief description of the damage on the delivery note. The driver/delivery company will take the product/s back with them and return them to Homzy. Please contact Homzy immediately to report this.
Damage after delivery:
If damage to a product/s only becomes apparent after delivery, you have 24 hours to report the damage to Homzy. In these instances, the return/replacement of the product is at the discretion of Homzy. We are entitled to and will request images of the damaged products before the collection of the products. Homzy will always endeavor to solve problems with damaged items as speedily as possible.
To log a return online, please email us at ……….and attach pictures of the items you wish to return/exchange and give a reason for the return/exchange.
Once submitted, we will review the request within 72 hours & will contact you to make any necessary arrangements
Homzy cannot be held liable for any damages visible at the time of acceptance of delivery that were not indicated on the proof of receipt/delivery by the customer
• If damage is reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for Homzy to determine that damage was caused post-delivery
• If damage occurs to the product during assembly by the customer, Homzy will not be liable for the damage and will not be held liable for a return or refund.
• Where defective items are replaced, Homzy is liable for the collection and delivery costs
• If upon inspection the product is found not to be defective, you (the customer) will be liable for all transport costs and a discretional handling/administration fee of a minimum of 8% will be charged. The product must be returned in packaging similar to how they were received by Homzy
• If the original packaging has been discarded it is your (the customer’s) responsibility to ensure that goods are reasonably packaged and protected before being returned. Damages that occur as a result of absent or insufficient packaging/protection will carry additional charges that the customer will be liable for at Homzy’s discretion
• Quality control inspection can take up to 3 working days
• Refunds can take up to 7 working days to process & an additional 5 working days to reflect in your (the customer’s) bank account
• Any items exchanged will be delivered to the delivery address that was stated on the original order. If the exchange address is different from the original delivery address you may be charged an additional fee for delivery. It is the customer's responsibility to inform Homzy should the exchange address be different from the original delivery address.
CUSTOM-MADE PRODUCTS POLICY:
As a provider of custom-made products, we strive to meet your unique preferences and specifications. In order to ensure transparency and set clear expectations, we would like to inform you about our policy regarding refunds on custom-made products.
Please note that once an order has been placed for custom-made items with specific colors, fabric, dimensions, or any other personalized features, we cannot offer refunds. This policy is in place due to the nature of custom manufacturing, which involves tailoring products to your individual requirements. Once production begins, the materials and resources used are allocated solely for your order, rendering it non-refundable.